Updated: Jun 3, 2022
Written by Dwight Harris Jr.
Our collective had a chance to interact with the upcoming songwriter/singer here’s what Ken had to say:
1. What made you decide to pursue a career in music?
“Music has been a passion of mine for a while. I’d say ever since I was four. So, I feel if I don’t follow my dreams it would be a disservice to myself.”
2. How long have you been writing music ?
“I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. It’s a skill I didn’t know I had until I endured some pain and needed a way to cope, but also feeling like I have a voice that matters and is worth listening to.”
3. How would you describe the music that you typically create?
“The music I create really depends on what it is I want to talk about during the session. I don’t classify myself to one genre. I consider myself versatile as a writer and an artist.”
4. Who does your vocal influence derive from?
“I grew up in a [religious family] so my inflections come from voices like; Kim Burrell, Jazmine Sullivan, Ella Fitzgerald, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder…just to name a few.”
5. Do you have any advice for aspiring songwriters or singers?
“Don’t ever stop believing in yourself and continue to keep pushing for the stars. Stay humble and make every moment count.”